Fannie Mae Multifamily Loan Program Overview
The Fannie Mae DUS Multifamily Loan program is one of the single largest sources of capital to
the multifamily housing market.
The Fannie Mae Multifamily lending platform provides financing for the acquisition or refinancing
of multifamily properties, including,
5+ unit apartment buildings and condominiums, Seniors Housing, Student Housing, Cooperatives,
Affordable Housing and Manufactured Housing.
The DUS (Delegated Underwriting and Servicing) program is a unique private capital model providing
effective, reliable financing solutions.
The DUS program relies on shared risk with private lenders providing certainty and speed of execution
and competitive pricing.
In short, Fannie Mae delegates its lending partners to underwrite, approve, and service loans while setting the program underwriting guidelines and agreeing to purchase the mortgage at a future date. Under the DUS lending platform, Fannie Mae is neither your lender nor servicer.
Fannie Mae Multifamily Small Loan Program
The Fannie Mae Multifamily Small Loan program is designed for low-cost execution, competitive pricing,
and limited third party reports. The Small Loan program offers borrowers unmatched performance and
value, flexible terms and
streamlined processing for apartment loan sizes up to $5 million.
• Loans from $750,000 - $5,000,000
• Nationwide availability
• Non-recourse • Up to 80% LTV purchase and refinance
• Loans are assumable
• Finance up to 3% of closing costs
• 90% minimum occupancy required
• Tax returns not required
Fannie Mae Mobile Home Park Loan Program Overview
The Fannie Mae Mobile Home Park Loan Program is widely considered to offer the most aggressive rates and terms for eligible mobile home parks and manufactured housing communities. Loans made through the Fannie Mae MHC Loan Program are part of Fannie Mae's mission-driven platform to provide financing for properties with low or affordable rents and may qualify for interest rate reductions. Park quality is important and the park should be a 4 or 5-star park. 3-star parks are considered on a deal by deal basis.
• Up to 80% LTV
• 30-year amortization
• Fixed rates from 5-30 years
• Interest only payments available • Interest rates up to 30bps below standard rates
• Flexible prepayment options
Fannie Mae DUS Multifamily Loan Program
The DUS platform is Fannie Mae's standard multifamily loan program for loan size above $3 million
- no maximum loan size. More individual and institutional investors turn to the Fannie Mae DUS
platform to finance the multifamily class of assets than any other source. The DUS platform delivers
industry low-interest rates with customized terms and certainty of execution. The program allows for a
specific tenant concentration (student, military, corporate) up to 80% - above 80% available through
the respective dedicated programs (e.g. Properties with a HAP contract or other regulatory
the agreement must be processed through the
• Apartment loans from $3 million
• Non-recourse with standard carve-outs
• Up to 80% LTV purchase and refinance
• Customized fixed rate terms from 5-30 years • 30-year fixed rates -
• Credit facilities starting at $25 million
• Mezzanine financing available
• Early and extended rate locks
Fannie Mae Seniors Housing Loan Program
The Fannie Mae Seniors Housing Loan program provides mortgages for existing,
stabilized, purpose-built Seniors Housing properties that provide Independent Living,
Assisted Living, Alzheimer’s/Dementia Care, or any combination or standalone.
• Prefer loan sizes above $2 million
• Up to 75% LTV
• Fixed rate terms up to 30 years • Non-recourse
• Available for experienced operators